Amharic Grammar - Part two

The Amharic grammar allows you to manipulate the vocabulary to obtain multiple forms of a word. The grammatical rules below are the most important in Amharic and help connect words or shape the structure. We start with the prepositions:
And: ʾəna  AudioUnder: bätačə  Audio
Before: bäfitə  AudioAfter: bähala  Audio
Inside: bäwəsət'ə  AudioOutside: wəč'ə  Audio
With: kä garə  AudioBut: nägärə gənə   Audio
For: lä  AudioFrom: kä  Audio
To: lä  AudioIn: wəsət'ə  Audio
To ask questions, use the following:
What?: mənə?  AudioWho?: manə?  Audio
How?: ʾənədetə?   AudioWhy?: lämənə?  Audio
Where?: yätə?  Audio
Some of the most important time adverbs:

Never: bäfəs'umə  AudioRarely: ʾäləfo ʾäləfo   Audio
Sometimes: ʾänədanədə gize  AudioUsually: huləgize  Audio
Always: huləgize  AudioVery: bät'amə  Audio
Most commonly used pronouns in Amharic:
I: ʾəne  AudioYou: ʾänətä  Audio
He: ʾəsu   AudioShe: ʾəሷ  Audio
We: ʾəña  AudioThey: ʾənäsu  Audio
To express the possession of something [possessive form]:
My: yäʾəne  AudioYour: yäʾänətä  Audio
His: yäʾəsu   AudioHer: yäʾəሷ  Audio
Our: yäʾəña  AudioTheir: yäʾənäsu  Audio
Some random verbs to show how it's being used:
I speak English: ʾənəgəlizäña ʾənagäralähu  Audio
You speak French: färäsayəña tənagäralähə  Audio
He speaks German: ǧärəmänəña yənagäralähə  Audio
She speaks Italian: t'aliyanəña tənagäraläčə  Audio
I visited France: färänəsayənə guebäñähu  Audio
I will drink milk: ʾəne wätätə ʾət'ät'alähu  Audio
Some extra grammatical structures:
I understand you: gäbətoñalə  Audio
I don't understand you: ʾäləgäbañəmə  Audio
I don't speak French: färänəsayəña ʾälənagärəmə  Audio
This is my house: yəhə yäʾəne betə näwə  Audio
That restaurant is far: ya məgəbə betə ruqə näwə  Audio
No problem: čəgərə yäläwəmə  Audio
Source: http://ilanguages.org

No comments:

| Copyright © 2013 Lomiy Blog