Amharic Phrases - Part two

The Amharic phrases are helpful because they are used daily. Below we picked expressions that a new learner will find useful. We included the audio as well. This is a better way to learning. Learn only what you need. We start with greetings and introduction.
Hi: hayə  Audio
What is your name?: səməhə manäwə?  Audio
Nice to meet you: ʾänətänə bämagəñäte däsə bəloñalə   Audio
How are you?: ʾənədetə nähə?   Audio
I'm good, thanks: dähəna näñə, ʾämäsägənaläwə  Audio
And you?: ʾänətäsə?  Audio
More questions about language and age:
Do you speak (English/Amharic)?: ʾämarəña tənagäralähə?   Audio
Does she speak Chinese?: čayənəña tənagäraläčə?  Audio
A little bit: bämät'änu  Audio
How old are you?: sənətə ʾamätəhə näwə?  Audio
I'm 33 years old: sälasa sosətə ʾamäte näwə  Audio
It was nice talking to you: käʾänətä garə bämawərate däsə bəloñalə  Audio
If you don't understand something, this will be your secret weapon:

What do you mean?: mənə malätəhə näwə?  Audio
I don't understand: ʾäləgäbañəmə  Audio
I don't know: ʾälawəqəmə  Audio
Sorry: ʾäzənalähu  Audio
What is that called in Amharic?: ya bäʾämarəña mənə täbəlo yət'äralə?  Audio
What does that word mean in English?: ya qalə bäʾənəgəlizäña mənə malätə näwə?  Audio
More personal information about origins and profession:
Where are you from?: käyätə näwə yämät'ahäwə?   Audio
I'm from the U.S: käʾämerika näwə  Audio
I'm American: ʾämerikawi näñə  Audio
Where do you live?: yätə näwə yämətənoräwə?  Audio
I live in the U.S: ʾämerika   Audio
What do you do for a living?: sərahə mənədənäwə?  Audio
I'm a student: tämari näñə  Audio
Offering or asking for help and giving directions:
Can I help you?: mənə lərədahə?  Audio
Can you help me?: lətərädañə təčəlalähə?  Audio
Where is the airport?: ʾäyärə maräfiyawə yätə näwə?  Audio
Go straight: qät'əta hidə  Audio
Then: käziya  Audio
Turn left: wädä gəra zurə  Audio
Turn right: wädä qäñə zurə  Audio
Good wishes in Amharic in holidays and occasions:
Happy birthday: mäləkamə lədätə   Audio
Happy new year: mäləkamə ʾädisə ʾamätə   Audio
Merry Christmas: mäləkamə yägäna/yälədätə bäʾalə  Audio
Good luck: mäləkamə ʾədələ  Audio
Congratulations: ʾənəኳnə däsə ʾälähə   Audio
Amharic expressions commonly used when traveling or buying:
I have a reservation: qädämə bəye yəžalähu  Audio
Do you have rooms available?: mäñəta kəfəločə yənoračəhalə?  Audio
I would like a non-smoking room: sigara yämayəč'äsəbätə kəfələ ʾəfäləgalähu  Audio
How much it costs per night?: läʾädarə sənətə yəkəfälalə?  Audio
Waiter: ʾäsətänagaǧə  Audio
How much is this?: sənətə näwə?  Audio
What is this?: yəhə mənədənäwə?  Audio
Survival phrases considered to be important in emergencies:
Are you okay?: dähəna nähə?  Audio
I need a doctor: häkimə ʾəfäləgalähu  Audio
Help: ʾərədata  Audio
Call the ambulance: ʾäməbulanəsə t'əra  Audio
Call the police: polisə t'əra  Audio
I am sick: ʾämañalə  Audio
Source: http://ilanguages.org

No comments:

| Copyright © 2013 Lomiy Blog